Saturday, January 2, 2010

Disco 2010

Today we wished to visit the McCord museum, but due to the tardiness of my landlord (who I had to hand my keys back to) missed out on it and its FREE displays. My key chain went from full to empty, and after saying goodbye to St. Cathy's on St Catherine, we handed back to keys to our lovely condo and hit the road to Ottawa. It was the thing to do today, the line was enormous, and they just kept lining up buses, filling them and sending them off. We piled onto the bus together, and slept (I think).

We arrived in Ottawa at 3, checked into our hostel and met very quaint office staff. Sophie is enthralled already! We then decided to head out, check out the ByWard Markets and OBAMA COOKIES! We each had one, and mum and Sophie even managed to get in a coffee in a bowl! They were most enjoyable! Yay Obama, and your photo everywhere in the bakery.
We bought supplies for our stay, and attempted to drink. Sophie is underage in Ontario, we tried to play dumb, we failed in getting her booze, but she did however receive free coke and free hot chocolate! I had some cider, and mum had some wine (such rarities in Montreal). We then came back to our hostel and cooked a nourishing stir-fry (minus the noodles which we forgot to soak, but next time for sure). I espcailly enjoy the named "maxi-pippins" here, Sophie pats him a lot, but mum and I are hesitant. His presence is nice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment