Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hands Open - Doors Shut

Friday - WAS TERRIBLE! I was locked out of my room from 9:00 and kept on thinking about it all day. I was in a rush to make it out the door in the morning, I grabbed my stuff together and raced out - oh no, my pens I thought! Then - OH NO, my keys! I rushed up to Shannon the R.A's room! RANDOM boy answers door all groggy and rubbing his eyes, as I start with the "morning Shannon, I'm so sorry for waking..." She has left - FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. Great! (turns out boy was boy-friend though). I then go to dear Amanda's room, and wake her up from her sleep, and try to enter my room through the balcony. No luck, for some reason I've locked my balcony door! Awesome. I then have to give up and go to school after demanding pens from Amanda. I sit through some silly lecture about borrowing books from the library - I didn't need to rush to school for this. After chem I go home. I get Lucy to buzz me in and I call the handyman. Who is three hours out of Montreal! I am going to have to wait around until 6. Great. I then head on back into uni for my last class and Pilates with my friend. Pilates was great, my inner core thanked me for it! I walked home thinking about all the downtime I was about to endure, I was buzzed in, and there were people around to keep me entertained, but you can't help but think of all the things that are in your room. The handyman came at 5, which was pretty nice. I could finally get my stuff, make some tea and get ready for snow patrol! Annabel had made homemade baked beans, and made way too many, so I had some of her baked beans, eggs and toast for tea. Tonight Annabel, Lucy, Tim, Will, Tims girlfriend / nongirlfriend (she's come up from Yale, but he doesn't think they are together!) and I were all going to SNOW PATROL!

The warm-up act was the plain white t's. They said "the last time we were in Montreal was 8 years ago, and a lot has happened since then, like" - plays hey there Delilah. I think that's all that had happened...
Snow Patrol was AMAZING! They had such good stage presence. They talked and made jokes and just did a lot of good interacting. It was really weird when they say, "We love you Montreal", it took a moment for it to sink in, that yeah, I'm not "Australia" or "Sydney (as no one comes to Canberra)" I'm Montreal! The concert was most enjoyable! Afterward we went to a pub on St. Lawerence, and had some cocktails! Very nice! Then Jordan and Rana from the rez came out to meet us to party some more. But they wanted to go to this club next door, where to get in we would have to buy two bottles of Vodka at $125 each! And, Then we could get into the club for half price!!! Oh, what a bargain! Lucy, Annabel and I were less than impressed, so we thought we'd just go to another bar ourselves! We found this really, really posh bar on Sherbrooke, where a man with a top hat and gloves opened the door for us! We had some cocktails with grey goose vodka, as there were no other choices!!! It was amazing! There was also this cool lamp -


Saturday was chore day. Lucy, Annabel and I dominated the washer and dryer all morning, and did some grocery shopping and looked in a few nice boutiques along the way. I thought I would of had a chance to do some of the assignments that I have collected over the week, but no.
I had quidditch at 2:00. So, this Australian chick I knew and her New Zealand friend, turned up, as they had asked me when quidditch was, and wanted to hang. I shouldn't of told them - they were such posers. They bought some quidditch tops (thats ok, who wouldn't want one) and then just kept on taking the good brooms and taking photos of themselves. They left the game half way through (they were on my team, so I was annoyed when we were a chaser and a keeper down) to take photos of themselves! Barstards, they don't really like quidditch. Then we changed up the teams, and I got on a really good team and I even managed to score some hoops or goals - whatever they are called in Harry terms! This was soooo exciting. I hope the quidditch leaders were watching my glory. After quidditch the team was having a pot-luck at one of the quidditch leaders houses. I came home and made some potato salad. You can't go wrong with a good potato salad! I got ready and it was time to head off! As it was sorta a dinner, it started early - at about 6. It was lots of fun! If it was lame, I had the option of going out with all the gang from my rez, who were doing another club thing where you buy bottles of vodka for some large sum of money (but this was was 'cheaper'...) and get free entry. But the quidditch party was too awesome, so I didn't leave. There was karaoke, where I embarrassed myself, by being forced to sing land down under and then not knowing the lyrics! I think I only know the "he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich" and "I come from a land down under" lyric. There was even had a storbe light for dancing! So it was lots of fun to bond with my future quidditch best friends - ha ha.

Sunday I slept in, had tasty blueberry bagels for brekky, and then bopped around doing some of my much needed to do homework. I think everyone here is starting to feel the crunch, it was pretty quiet today. We all emegred for some dinner, grumbled about how much there is to do, and how little time there is to do it in. I listened to their stories from last night at the fancy club. Apparently it was a hit and we will all be going back there soon! I quiried the expensiveness of it all. But everyone told me, "no, no its really good value, when you think about it". Mmmm. The girls later confided in me, that sharing the bottles with the guys was a terrible idea, as they didn't get much for their $30 or more! The ill feeling over funding made me feel that I didn't miss much! But I guess this bottle thing is the thing to do in Montreal...

9 comments:

  1. Why didn't you go to some bar where they were telecasting the AFL Football Preliminary final? The Cats had a big win over the stinkin' Magpies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate its time to start decorating your room/dorm/accommodation in blue and white. Cats v Saints GF

    ReplyDelete
  3. kate you know you wanna decorate in red white and black. saints all the way :P

    also, snow patrol live is so great, were the poser girls those ones with the facebook photos?

    chores are fun. homework sucks. im gonna be drowning until thursday. but then the fun will begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I paid a good $70 for my snow patrol ticket! Drat canada and their budget concerts! Bet you're loving though, having the luxury of forgoing a $10 Regina concert!!

    Mmm blueberry bagels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! plain white tees and snow patrol!!! your life just gets better and better!!!
    YOU ARE MONTREAL

    hahaha i know how ridiculous are some of those clubs! that shat me up the wall in london too!!

    you karaoke queen ;)
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah! oh god, so many stories close to my heart, getting locked out of your room, attempting the balcony, being threatened with a 60euro replacement key fine. Snow patrol!! Aaa!
    Dear god the vodka bottles, I think it is the way in everywhere but Australia, I saw one for 130 euros once, EUROS! And once I was duped into believing that 30euros for entrance and 1/6th of a bottle of vodka was a good deal. Oh dear. Love the classy looking bar though!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate! I have a blog. I've been following your adventures too. I bet you have over a million friends by now right??

    ReplyDelete