Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16th


Today was the good old history, chemistry, environmental systems combo. It had everything I loved; power walking, lack of Phoebe boy (today at least) and nice engineering girl. She is in my environmental systems course; we sit together and chat AND enjoy all that is environmental systems! I feel a good friendship starting!

I met up with Hannah, Jeny and Jerome at les three bassuers for what I thought would be a humble coffee. When I arrived they had ordered some pizza's and beer. This meal was then finished with dessert pizza:Look at it - there is ice cream, apples (we also had a banana one) and chocolate, all on a pizza type base (but clearly this one is sweet (-er than usual)). Here are some photos of us enjoying our time:I know it looks dark, but this was the middle of the day - the restaurant was a bit dark, I promise! When it was time for these guys to head to class, I went on home to meet Lucy. We had a shopping date! I saw the cutest pair of gumboots and cursed that I didn't bring my own pair over (I was worried that gumboots wouldn't be "in"). But gumboots are everywhere here!! So I feel I might have to invest in a pair. They are really good for in the snow, as they won't ruin in the salt that the streets become paved with to prevent the snow, and a water proof shoe is always a good investment - right! There is this really nice brand of boots - hunters, I think I might get a pair pretty soon, so I can get maximum use out of them.After our shopping investments in gym clothes (as I only packed one pair of tights, and am turning out to be more active than previously imagined) it was time for me to head off to the kick, punch, jam and jive session with Sara. This was so good!!! I love the exercise and the motivation provided by our lovely instructor! She made us do push-ups and plank holds, but this was OK, as she was telling us how hot we'd all be after such good toning. I went back to Sara's residence where I power-showered, so I could head off to the McGill outdoors club meeting looking mildy nice! This meeting was so amazing! We got Horto's doughtnuts, as it was election night and they were trying to bribe us! And I signed up for beginners rock climbing! As a geologist I was told I should be interested in climbing activities! I'm excited and ready to take on rocky climbing challenges - I only wish I had brought my hand lens, so I could make some stops along the way. I caught up with my new friends from kayaking, friendly exchange students (un-Australians) that I had persuaded to join the group, and other people I knew from around uni. I felt social and happy! I left the meeting as they proceeded into the half and hour presentation about some guys ski trip. Instead I went to meet my lovely roommates for FAJITA night at the Three Amigos! So much happiness! There were ten of us all together, and this time sweet Phillip could come, as he didn't go early (and alone) like last week. We enjoyed the tasty fajitas and then moved onto Rue Crescent to an Irish pub were I had cider, and others had beer. We stayed out until about 1:30, when I decided it might be time to come home with Annabel, as unlike the others we don't have a four day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Kate you are metnal :P
    But its good to see you living it up! And good to here all the exercise is allowing you to have DESSERT PIZZA :P
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. nooo dont buy hunters kate! thats so typical! and theyre heaps expensive!!
    but agreed on the boots, im spewing i didnt bring mine too! on the other hand- wearing uggs outside is AMAZING!

    man i know ive said this before but you are FAR TOO social! i dont know where all your energy (and money haha) comes from!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete