Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thursday and Friday

Thursday 10th

The day started with some geochemistry and some panic about the GIS that was later to come. I can never make the Tuesday classes as I am in geochem, and GIS (a computer based course) does not post anything on webCT. The assignment that was allegedly handed out on the Tuesday was nowhere to be found on the web, and the lecture slides also missing. I don't mean to panic too much, but as it is a class using computers, which I am absolutely hopeless with, I would like to think I would be able to catch up on my own! I went to the home of geography in search of the lecturer to harass. This was the most confusing building ever. I felt like Harry Potter trying to find platform 9 and 3/4. It seemed near impossible, every logical place was examined; I had to do a serious amount of wandering, looking lost and finally walking every inch of the map library to find this hidden room in the back. Anyway, I embarrassed myself further by asking the LECTURER if she indeed was the lecturer. Nice, I tried to make amends by stating that I normally wear glasses (a truth), but I don't think it really made up for my lack of recognition. Anyway promises were made about making the material more available. This was a relief, as today I had to make a decision, as the return deadline for the GIS textbooks was today. I didn't want to think I had thrown away $266 on nothing. And I didn't want to have to find a new course to take instead. So problem solved. I happily installed my GIS software onto my computer in celebration. I had a GIS lecture that afternoon. I wedged myself between my two friends (that's right!) and took in all that is mapping. When this was over I made my way home to buy supplies for the kayaking trip! Annabel and I made our way to Canadian Tire. We got some awesome sleeping bags, torches and an amazing TENT. The tent was the same price as renting one from the McGill outdoors club, so we figured - why not. Well it was more Annabel's decision than mine, but why not! The idea of owning a tent was very exciting! We practiced setting it up when we got home!

I had quidditch practice at 7:00. This was amazing! I just love quidditch so much. We played a couple of games until about 9:00 when it was too dark to see anymore. Although, I stopped playing a bit before this, as I took a broom to the mouth. No teeth were damaged or lost in this event, but my lip did bleed. A small injury, but enough for the people running it to seriously consider making everyone wear mouth guards and goggles like they do in the world cup. Hannah, who had come down to watch, and one of the quidditch leaders took me to the bathroom to clean myself up! I was all better, and looked very dedicated when I came back to the pitch to finish training. Then, the quidditch team announced drinks at McKibbins at 10:30. This is the pub 30 seconds from my house! Although I walked all the way back to the uni to meet up with some girls from quidditch training so we could all arrive together in our new quidditch member state. I didn't have any beer - yay! There were quite a few of us that all turned up, so we sat outside in the beer garden and chatted and bonded! I am so excited about the prospect of quidditch friends, and then a quidditch world cup. I am going to try very hard with this club! One of the leaders already likes me as I am from Australia, and he grew up in an Australian embassy - in France, anyway we can make Australian jokes, and therefore I can assert my in with the quidditch team!

Friday 11th

Another P.B for my walk from history to chemistry. Things just keep getting better I was thinking, until Phoebe boy! He was in chemistry again in ALL his harassing glory. He sat a few rows in-front of me, and kept on trying to make eye contact! Needless to say I was petrified! So I thought at the end of class I would make a break for it. I did, but he came RUNNING after me. So I upped my pace, he called out Phoebe a few times, I could ignore this with happiness, as this isn't my name! And then I hid in the girls bathroom. I let a few minutes pass before emerging. Thankfully when I did, he was gone. How I curse you Phoebe boy! My last class of the day was Environmental systems, where we talked about photosynthesis, and a girl seriously embarrassed herself, when she volunteered to talk about photosynthesis during different times of the day. She thought it was all the same, and the sun didn't play a significant role - the leaf just does its thing no matter what. When the teacher tired to help her out, she got more confused, and then revealed that she didn't know anything about photosynthesis (surprisingly) and returned to her seat. Shame on your girly for volunteering your 'knowledge'.

I walked home to go shopping for snacks for the kayaking trip that would leave at 6:30. Annabel and I bought essentials such as muesli bars, M and M's, and hand sanitizer. I packed up my bags in excitement. We had some eggs for dinner and then left for the Shatner building where we were meeting for our adventure! When we arrived the cars were looking ready to go:

2 comments:

  1. quidditch blows my mind!
    also. i swear you are making this crazy pheobe boy up, he is just too insane to be real!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh kate you are so cute with your new tent!!

    you are so dedicated t the team! harry would take one to the mouth for sure!

    pheobe boy is so funny, i swear this is one huge trick on you and he's having a big laugh. if not that then he's crazy and just watch out!

    :D

    ReplyDelete